“Basic ICT Skills” Training of Tutors from PTCs and NTCs held at Kibuli SS (10th – 14th) January 2005.
The workshop was organized by the Ministry of Education and Sports, sponsored by Microsoft Partners in Learning (PIL) and conducted by SchoolNet Uganda.
The workshop was attended by 25 participants drawn from Primary Teacher Colleges (PTCs) and National Teacher Colleges (NTCs).
Objectives of the Workshop
The workshop had four main objectives. These were:
- To introduce the participants to the available technologies and how they could be used in the teaching-learning environment.
- To showcase of some examples of how ICT can be used in the school. Examples included: a presentation by a head teacher to a PTA meeting, presentation by students to parents, presentation on laboratory techniques, and presentations from other resource persons.
- To initiate participants in the process of creating content which can be used in the classroom? During the workshop, participants created examples in the subjects of Mathematics, Geography, Sports and Foundations of Education.
- To introduce participants to the use of E-mail and Internet so that they can research the information and use it in the teaching.
Four modules were covered in the workshop.
- E-mail and Internet to enable participants carry out research for information that can be used in the classroom.
- Microsoft Word to enable participants produce professional documents like Newsletters, brochures, letters etc.
- Microsoft Excel to enable participants compute and analyze students` performance or work.
- Microsoft Power point to enable participants produce professional presentations.
The workshop report can be downloaded from the link below