TECHNICAL TRAINING WORKSHOP HELD (7-11) Jan 2008 AT NALINYA LWANTALE GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL, LUWERO
In order to reduce the computer downtimes and to technically sustain the computers in the 15 project schools, SchoolNet Uganda in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Sports organized a 5-day basic technical course in computer maintenance & troubleshooting and Networking for 15 of the schools participating in the Inspiring Science Education for Girls using ICT project. Each of the selected 15 project schools sent one teacher and one student to the training. The
teacher and the student trained at each school will form the core school technical support team. This technical support team will be responsible for the 1st level technical support at each project school. The core technical team is expected to cascade the training at each project school. In addition, such a trained team will be able to report technical problem correctly to SchoolNet Uganda for remote technical support and assistance.
Objectives of the training were:
- To identify tools, equipment and hardware compositions of a computer and name them correctly.
- To learn and practice assembling of computers.
- To learn and practice installation of software (operating systems, application & utility) on a computer.
- To learn and practice computer restoration from software crashes.
- Learn Computer & peripheral maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Learn Local Area Network (LAN) construction, maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Setup and Network a computer lab at Nalinya Lwantale Girls secondary school.
The schools included Muni Girls (Arua), St. Mary’s Ediofe Girls (Arua), Bweranyangi Girls (Bushenyi), Kyeizooba Girls (Busenyi), Nalinya Lwantale Girls (Luwero), Aidan College (Wakiso), Aggrey Memorial (Wakiso), Gayaza High School( Wakiso), Wanyange Girls (Jinja), Dabani Girls (Busia), Muntunyera High School (Ntungamo), Bukomero SS (Kiboga), Bukooli College (Bugiri), Ngora Girls (Kumi), Tororo Girls (Tororo), Rwenzori Girls School and Ngora High School (Kumi)
The training programme can be downloaded from the link below
The workshop was closed by Mr. Bob Lyazi, Manager Rural Communication Development Fund (RCDF), Uganda Communication Commission (UCC).
Presentation with Workshop pictures can be downloade using the link below