A residential 5-days Science with ICT Holiday Camp for Girls held at Gayaza high School, (16-20) Dec 2007
The Inspiring Science Education with ICT project held its 2nd Science with ICT holiday camp at Gayaza High School from 16th – 20th Dec 2007.
The camp was attended by by 40 participants who included teachers and students from Gayaza High School (Wakiso), Muni Girls (Arua), Kyeizooba Girls (Bushenyi), Tororo Girls (Tororo), Aidan College (Wakiso), Nalinya Lwantale Girls (Luwero), Lubani SS (Jinja), Wanyange Girls (Jinja), Aggrey Memorial (Wakiso), Dabani Girls (Busia), 3Rs Secondary School (Mukono), Uganda Martyrs’ Namugongo, St. Henry’s Kitovu, Makerere College, Namilyango College, Makerere University and Lubiri SS.
The Science with ICT holiday camp objectives included:
- Providing science students with an opportunity to learn from each and share experiences regarding challenges (factors that negatively affect learners’ classroom participation) in the learning of science in Uganda and strategies to address them.
- Covering some of the abstract concepts in Physics, Chemistry and Biology using ICT.
- Exposing science students to the use of Internet as a learning resource.
- Enhancing learners’ self esteem, communication and presentation skills.
- Building and enhancing learners’ ICT skills.
- Developing learners’ positive attitude towards science through personal testimonies of female role models in science related professions.
- Providing participants with multimedia interactive digital content which make learning of science engaging and interesting.
- Learning through personal testimonies of participants of previous Camps.
The Holiday camp report can be downloaded from the link below.
Presentation with camp photos can be downloaded
fronm the link below.