Science Teachers’ Follow-up Workshop held (18-19) June at Mukono DFI
Five teachers from each of the 11 schools which had attended the Inspiring Science Education for Girls using ICT–Science teachers workshop held at Gayaza High School (23rd -25th ) April 2007 were invited to this follow-up workshop. The schools included; Gayaza High School, Aggrey Memorial, Wanyange Girls, Bweranyangi Girls School, Dabani Girls School, Ngora Girls, Ngora High School, Nalinya Lwantale Girls School, Muni Girls School, Kyeizoba Girls School and Ediofe Girls School. Mukono Bishop’s SS was later invited to the workshop. The follow-up workshop was sponsored by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
The workshop objectives included:
- School updates: Hearing from the teachers what
The my purchased co-workers no prescription pharmacy have results vs canadian pharmacy online damaged little It here.
positive development related to the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) had taken place at their respective schools.
- Sharing experiences and knowledge about what strategies had worked regarding the introduction of ICT in the teaching of sciences.
- Project update: Updating the schools on the progress of the Inspiring Science Education for Girls Using ICT project at national level.
- Introducing teachers to new pedagogical strategies for teaching science; constructivism and Inquiry-based teaching.
- Visiting Kyambogo College School – one of the schools the Ministry of Education has set up as “Centres of Excellence”. Learn by seeing.
- Build teachers’ capacity to advocate for ICT integration in their schools.
The workshop report can be downloaded from the link below