Inspiring Science Education for Girls Using ICT – Head teachers’ Sensitization Workshop held at (3-4)Sept 2007 at Mukono DFI
Head teachers from the following schools attended the workshop: Dubani Girls School (Busia), Tororo Girls School (Tororo), Wanyange Girls School (Jinja), Nalinya Lwantale Girls School (Luweero), Bweranyangi Girls School (Bushenyi), Kyeizoba Girls School (Bushenyi), Ediofe Girls School (Arua), Muni Girls School(Arua), Aggrey Memorial (Wakiso), Aiden College (Wakiso), Muntunyera High School, Bukooli College (Bugiri) and Bukomero SS (Kiboga). The workshop was sponsored by the Ministry of Education and Sports and SchoolNet Uganda.
The workshop had the following objectives.
- To provide the Head teachers an opportunity to share challenges faced by schools in managing the science teaching and learning process and to brainstorm strategies to address these challenges.
- To brief the Head teachers about the Inspiring Science Education for Girls Using ICT project (rationale, objectives, scope, partners, activities, successes & challenges).
- To update the school Head teachers on the current and planned strategies by the Ministry of Education and Sports to improve science teaching in schools.
- To sensitize the School Head teachers why and how Information Communication Technology (ICT) can be used to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- To equip the Head teachers with the Technical Need-to-Know information necessary to purchase, install and maintain ICT facilities in their schools.
- Study tour to Kyambogo College School ICT centre, one of the “Centres of Excellence” set up by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
- Get ideas and suggestions from the Headteachers on how best to implement the project in their schools.
The workshop report can be downloaded from the link below