Head teacher’s Orientation Workshop for schools which participated in the 2007 WSWM Project cycle held at Mukono DFI (14th -15th) April 2008
The World Starts With Me (WSWM) orientation workshop for old WSWM Schools – Head teachers Workshop ( Head teachers whose schools participated in the Jan – Dec 2007 World Starts With Me (WSWM) project cycle) was held from 14th to 15th April, 2008 at DFI (District Farm Institute – also called NARO).
This was a 2-day residential workshop. Reporting was on Sunday 13th April, 2008 in the afternoon and departure was on the morning of Wednesday 16th April after breakfast.
- Provide an opportunity for the Head teachers of WSWM 2007 project cycle schools to meet as a family.
- Provide the Head teachers an opportunity to brainstorm SRHR (Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights) issues in the schools, how they affect academic performance and the challenges faced by schools in addressing the SRHR issues.
- Update the head teachers on the SNU-WSWM Big-Picture.
- To update the school Head teachers on the SRHR policy for schools by the Ministry of Education & Sports.
- To introduce the WSWM curriculum to the Head teachers highlighting its comprehensiveness in addressing SRHR issues in schools.
- Introduce WSWM head teachers to Integration of ICT in WSWM administration & curriculum implementation.
- Introduce WSWM teachers to the new SchoolNet Uganda Website.
- Introduce head teachers to 2008 WSWM Evaluation.
- Give the Head teachers a walk through Lesson 14: Exhibition.
- Get ideas & suggestions from the head teachers on strategies for better implementation of WSWM in schools
Head teachers of the following schools were invited:
The Almond College, Aggrey Memorial SS, Awere SS , Bishop’s Senior School Mukono, Bukooli College (Bugiri) , Bukomero Secondary School (Kiboga) , Bulo Parents SS (
Mpigi), Busia SS, Buwaga SS, Bweranyangi Girls (Busenyi), Bwikya SS, Comboni College , Dabani Girls, Dr. Obote College, Duhaga SS (Hoima), Entebbe SS (Entebbe), Excel Boarding SS, Gulu Central High School, Gulu High School, Hilltop Nkokonjeru (mukono), Jinja SS (Jinja), Kabalega SS, Kasaka SS (Mpigi), Kibibi SS (Mpigi), Kiira College Butiki (Jinja), Kitara SS, Kotido SS, Kyambogo College (Kampala), Lango College (Lira), Lira Town College, Luwero SS, Masindi Academy, Masindi Army Secondary School, Mbale SS (Mbale), Mbogo High School, MM College Wairaka (Jinja), Moroto High School (Moroto), Mt. RwenzoriI Girls (Kasese), Mutunyera High (Kitunga), Mvara SS, Naalinya Lwantale Girls (Luwero), Namilyango College (Mukono), Ndejje SS (Luwero), Ngora Girls (Kumi), Ngora High (Kumi), Nyenga SS (Mukono), Olio Community College, PMM Girls (Jinja), Pope Paul II Gulu, Rachele Comprehensive SS, Sacred Heart SS, Sir Samuel Baker SS, Soroti Secondary SS, St.Joseph’s Naggalama (Kayunga), St Joseph’s Girls Nsambya (Kampala), St Peter’s Nkokonjeru (Mukono), St Peter’s Nsambya (Kampala), St Peter’s College Tororo (Tororo), St. Andrea Kaahwa, St. Katherine Girls, St. Joseph’s College Ombachi, St. Joseph’s Layibi Gulu (Gulu), St. Mary’s Girls Ediofe (Arua), Stella Maris Nsuube (Mukono), Teso college Aloet (Soroti), Tororo Girls School (Tororo), Wanyange Girls (Jinja) and Entebbe Airforce SS (Entebbe).
The workshop report will soon be available for download.